June is Scleroderma Awareness Month
Who We Are
The Scleroderma Foundation is a federally qualified 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to serving the needs of the scleroderma community. Our primary goal is to raise funds and awareness for our three-fold mission of support, education and research. All donations are qualified charitable donations to the fullest extent of the law. Our federal tax identification number is 52-1375827. All donations are gratefully accepted.
What is Scleroderma?
Scleroderma, or systemic sclerosis, is a chronic connective tissue disease generally classified as one of the autoimmune rheumatic diseases. The word “scleroderma” comes from two Greek words: “sclero” meaning hard, and “derma” meaning skin. Hardening of the skin is one of the most visible manifestations of the disease.
Can’t download It? Have us mail you a copy!
Scleroderma and PAH?
On June 19 at 7 p.m. Eastern Time, join Jim White, M.D., Ph.D., Professor of Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care in the Department of Medicine, University of Rochester, to learn about PAH and an opportunity to participate the CATALYST clinical trial. Register via email at CATALYST@reatapharma.com. The webinar and clinical trial are conducted by Reata Pharmaceuticals; it is not a Scleroderma Foundation sponsored event.
- Use the Awareness Toolkit, Scleroderma Awareness Month
- High Estrogen Levels [in Men] Linked to More Severe Disease in Scleroderma
- "Understanding & Living with Scleroderma as a Man," workshop with Richard Silver, M.D., at the National Patient Education Conference, July 19-20-21, Chicago, Illinois
- Apply by June 10 to attend Capitol Hill Day 2019, Washington, D.C., September 16-18
- All You Need to Know About Scleroderma Lung Involvement, Webinar: June 18, 2019; 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. ET
- Kids Get Scleroderma, Too! Kids, Teens, & Parents Program at National Conference
- Be a Hope Raiser!
- Where are You Stepping Out?
- Scleroderma and PAH? Join a WebEx