COVID-19 Information & Recommendations
- Vaccine Info 2/10/21: Questions and Answers Regarding the COVID-19 Vaccine
- Read COVID-19 information confirmed by the Foundation's Medical & Scientific Advisory Board Leadership Committee
Announcing the 2021 Research Grant Awards
- Learn about the 8 new research grants awarded for 2021.
2021 Virtual National Patient Education Conference
- Save the Date: July 17 & 18, 2021. Registration and program details to follow. Receive updates via email.
Pre-Doctoral Summer Fellowship Awards
- Learn more about the new Arnold Postlethwaite, M.D., Pre-Doctoral Summer Fellowship Awards
Virtual University, Patient Education Series
- LEARN about the Scleroderma Foundation's 2020 Virtual University, patient education series.
- See the 2020 awardees and celebrate the dedication and passion of our volunteers and chapters to advancing the Scleroderma Foundation's mission of support, education, and research.
Current Job Openings
- Manager, Philanthropic Events (posted March 3, 2021)
Who We Are
The Scleroderma Foundation is a federally qualified 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to serving the needs of the scleroderma community. Our primary goal is to raise funds and awareness for our three-fold mission of support, education and research. All donations are qualified charitable donations to the fullest extent of the law. Our federal tax identification number is 52-1375827. All donations are gratefully accepted.
What is Scleroderma?
Scleroderma, or systemic sclerosis, is a chronic connective tissue disease generally classified as one of the autoimmune rheumatic diseases. The word “scleroderma” comes from two Greek words: “sclero” meaning hard, and “derma” meaning skin. Hardening of the skin is one of the most visible manifestations of the disease.
Can’t download It? Have us mail you a copy!
- Thank You, Volunteers!
- 2021 Research Grant Awards, The Marta Marx Fund for the Eradication of Scleroderma, Ido Amit, Ph.D., Weizmann Institute of Science
- WEBINAR: ATS PAR Check-Up: Conversations with Lung Disease Patients, Health Disparities Edition, Tuesday, April 20, 3-4 p.m. Eastern Time
- VIRTUAL: SYNC Meet-Up, April 9, 2021, 7 p.m. Eastern Time
- ZOOM: Join the BIPOC Virtual Scleroderma Support Group, Sunday, May 2, 4 p.m. Eastern Time
- ZOOM: Meet the Experts: Going Virtual with Patients and Families, Saturday, May 15, 2021, 10 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Eastern Time
- COVID 19 Information & Recommendations, Updated February 10, 2021