Patient Education Summer Series
- LEARN about the Scleroderma Foundation's Virtual University, patient education summer series.
- REGISTER for the August 12 Kids Get Scleroderma, Too! webinar on Zoom: "Fun Science: How to Extract DNA from Fruits." Download the resource PDF: "Banana DNA Extraction Protocol."
- WATCH the August 5 webinar recording: "Scleroderma Lung Disease."
COVID-19 Information & Recommendations for People with Scleroderma
Read information reviewed and confirmed July 1, 2020 by the Foundation's Medical & Scientific Advisory Board Leadership Committee
2020 National Patient Education Conference & Kids Get Scleroderma, Too! Cancelled
To protect the health of individuals who have scleroderma, the Scleroderma Foundation cancelled its 2020 National Patient Education Conference and Kids Get Scleroderma, Too! conference scheduled to take place July 17-19 in Bellevue, Washington. In lieu of the conference, the Foundation is offering the "Virtual University" patient education series. Learn More
Who We Are
The Scleroderma Foundation is a federally qualified 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to serving the needs of the scleroderma community. Our primary goal is to raise funds and awareness for our three-fold mission of support, education and research. All donations are qualified charitable donations to the fullest extent of the law. Our federal tax identification number is 52-1375827. All donations are gratefully accepted.
What is Scleroderma?
Scleroderma, or systemic sclerosis, is a chronic connective tissue disease generally classified as one of the autoimmune rheumatic diseases. The word “scleroderma” comes from two Greek words: “sclero” meaning hard, and “derma” meaning skin. Hardening of the skin is one of the most visible manifestations of the disease.
Can’t download It? Have us mail you a copy!
- WEBINAR: Scleroderma Lung Disease, August 5, 3 - 4 p.m. Eastern Time, Patient Education Summer Series
- VIDEO: How to Navigate Going Back to College in the Age of COVID-19, Virtual University Webinar Recording
- ONLINE SUPPORT GROUP: Helping Your Child Adjust to a New School Year: August 5, 7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Eastern
- Know the Face of Scleroderma: Wendy Sue Polonsky
- Ask Your Member of Congress to Support Scleroderma Research
- Keeping Our Promise, August Virtual Fundraising Events
- COVID 19 Information & Recommendations
- Clinical Trial Opportunity
- Phase 2a Study of EHP-101