Important Updates on COVID Masks for People with Scleroderma
- Read 5/17/2021 Mask Advisory from CEO Robert Riggs
- Para Información Sobre COVID-19 Haga Clic Aquí
- Vaccine Info 4/28/21: Questions and Answers Regarding the COVID-19 Vaccine
- Read COVID-19 information Confirmed by the Foundation's Medical & Scientific Advisory Board Leadership Committee
2021 Virtual National Scleroderma Conference
New Foundation CEO
- Read the announcement welcoming Mary J. Wheatley, IOM, CAE, as the Foundation's new CEO, as of July 1, 2021.
Announcing the 2021 Research Grant Awards
- Learn about the 8 new research grants awarded for 2021.
Pre-Doctoral Summer Fellowship Awards
- Learn more about the new Arnold Postlethwaite, M.D., Pre-Doctoral Summer Fellowship Awards
- See the 2020 awardees and celebrate the dedication and passion of our volunteers and chapters to advancing the Scleroderma Foundation's mission of support, education, and research.
Current Job Openings
- Manager, Philanthropic Events (posted March 3, 2021)
Who We Are
The Scleroderma Foundation is a federally qualified 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to serving the needs of the scleroderma community. Our primary goal is to raise funds and awareness for our three-fold mission of support, education and research. All donations are qualified charitable donations to the fullest extent of the law. Our federal tax identification number is 52-1375827. All donations are gratefully accepted.
What is Scleroderma?
Scleroderma, or systemic sclerosis, is a chronic connective tissue disease generally classified as one of the autoimmune rheumatic diseases. The word “scleroderma” comes from two Greek words: “sclero” meaning hard, and “derma” meaning skin. Hardening of the skin is one of the most visible manifestations of the disease.
Can’t download It? Have us mail you a copy!
- Awareness Month: Connected
- Connect & Thrive Together at the Virtual National Scleroderma Conference, July 17 & 18, 2021 - REGISTER TODAY
- FACEBOOK LIVE: Scleroderma Awareness Live Q&A, Thursday, June 17, 2021; 3 p.m. Eastern Time
- WEBINAR: Black and Rare: Scleroderma in the African-American Community, Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 1 - 2 p.m. Eastern Time
- Para Información Sobre COVID-19
- Important Updates Regarding Mask Wearing for Immunocompromised Individuals with SSc, Updated May 17, 2021
- ZOOM: SYNC Meet Up, Friday, June 11, 2021, 7 p.m. Eastern Time
- Showcase Your Business at Conference
- 7.10 Chronic Disease Day