Important Updates on COVID Masks for People with Scleroderma
- Read 5/17/2021 Mask Advisory from CEO Robert Riggs
- Para Información Sobre COVID-19 Haga Clic Aquí
- Vaccine Info 4/28/21: Questions and Answers Regarding the COVID-19 Vaccine
- Read COVID-19 information Confirmed by the Foundation's Medical & Scientific Advisory Board Leadership Committee
2021 Virtual National Scleroderma Conference
New Foundation CEO
- Read the announcement welcoming Mary J. Wheatley, IOM, CAE, as the Foundation's new CEO, as of July 1, 2021.
Announcing the 2021 Research Grant Awards
- Learn about the 8 new research grants awarded for 2021.
Pre-Doctoral Summer Fellowship Awards
- Learn more about the new Arnold Postlethwaite, M.D., Pre-Doctoral Summer Fellowship Awards
- See the 2020 awardees and celebrate the dedication and passion of our volunteers and chapters to advancing the Scleroderma Foundation's mission of support, education, and research.
Current Job Openings
- Manager, Philanthropic Events (posted March 3, 2021)
Who We Are
The Scleroderma Foundation is a federally qualified 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to serving the needs of the scleroderma community. Our primary goal is to raise funds and awareness for our three-fold mission of support, education and research. All donations are qualified charitable donations to the fullest extent of the law. Our federal tax identification number is 52-1375827. All donations are gratefully accepted.
What is Scleroderma?
Scleroderma, or systemic sclerosis, is a chronic connective tissue disease generally classified as one of the autoimmune rheumatic diseases. The word “scleroderma” comes from two Greek words: “sclero” meaning hard, and “derma” meaning skin. Hardening of the skin is one of the most visible manifestations of the disease.
Can’t download It? Have us mail you a copy!
- Awareness Month: Here for You
- Learn About Scleroderma and Lung Health at the 2021 virtual National Scleroderma Conference; Saturday, July 17, 12 p.m. - 8:30 p.m., July 18, 12 p.m. - 5:15 p.m. Eastern Time
- ZOOM: BIPOC Support Group, Sunday, July 11, 2021; 4 p.m. Eastern Time
- ZOOM: The 20%: A Virtual Support Group for Males Living with Scleroderma, Wednesday, June 23, 2021; 7-8 p.m. Eastern Time
- WEBINAR: Black and Rare: Scleroderma in the African-American Community, Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 1 - 2 p.m. Eastern Time
- Happy Juneteenth!
- WEBINAR: Scleroderma Education Forum, Thursday, June 24, 2021, 12 p.m. - 1 p.m. Eastern Time.
- VIDEO: Monitor Your Blood Pressure to Improve Your Heart Health
- Online Mental Health Intervention Significantly Helps the Isolated, Immunosuppressed During Pandemic
- Para Información Sobre COVID-19
- Important Updates Regarding Mask Wearing for Immunocompromised Individuals with SSc, Updated May 17, 2021
- Thank You to Our National Scleroderma Conference Presenting Sponsor, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension: Your Guide
- WEBINAR: Ticket to Work, Wednesday, June 23, 3 p.m. Eastern Time
- 7.10 Chronic Disease Day