Help yourself and others: Join the Michigan Chapter
Have you ever wondered why your membership is so important?
Your membership dues not only support the threefold mission of the SFMC,
they also benefit countless patients and families who are touched
by scleroderma on a daily basis.
Join the scleroderma family by becoming a member today.
Your contribution could make a big impact.
Membership will also grant you the following privileges:
Access to Services
- Support Groups: We host support groups all over the state. These are not your typical support group meetings—they are fun, educational gatherings where you can mingle and learn. We're also offering virtual support groups that you can enjoy from the comfort of your own home. Find out more information here.
- Patient Education Programs: Access to a variety of annual programs hosted by the SFMC throughout the state, including: How to Dance in the Rain Conference, Let's Talk Scleroderma, Face to Face with Scleroderma and more. Take a look at some of our upcoming events here.
- Physicians and Medical Profession Information Colloquiums: The chapter provides medical professionals in the state of Michigan with educational seminars and one-on-one interaction with scleroderma patients in an effort to educate medical professionals regarding the symptoms and experiences of patients.
Access to Information
- Newsletter and Website: The Michigan Chapter publishes a newsletter, The Scleroderma Michigan's Insider, twice yearly. This informative publication provides updated medical articles and information about what the Michigan Chapter is doing to better serve your needs. Check it out at: www.scleroderma.org/michigan.
- E-Communications: The Michigan Chapter sends out dozens of e-communications annually to inform members of events, educational programs, advocacy efforts and support group reminders. To start getting e-mails, contact MIchapter@scleroderma.org
- Statewide Resources: The SFMC website hosts multiple resource guides including a Physician Directory and Resource Guide for Scleroderma Patients.
- STARS Program (Sharing-Trusting-And-Rebuilding): Through our STARS Program we match members with others who have similar situations and needs. E-mail the Michigan Chapter for more information: MIchapter@scleroderma.org
- Telephone Support: Our Executive Director is a licensed social worker and counselor and is available to provide support, information and referral services five days a week.
Opportunity to be an Advocate and Participate in Policy Change
- Advocacy Information and Resources: This membership provides e-mail notifications of opportunities to help with advocacy efforts and access to educational awareness programs and literature.
- Automatic membership in the National Scleroderma Foundation: This membership provides quarterly issues of the national magazine Scleroderma Voice and a discounted registration fee at the National Conference.
- Membership provides opportunities to give back to the community and enrich your career by becoming a board member, committee member or volunteer.
|Basic Member of the Chapter||$25.00 a year|
|Friend of the MI Chapter||$50.00 a year|
|Supporter of the MI Chapter||$100.00 a year|
|Companion of the MI Chapter||$250.00 a year|
|Champion of the MI Chapter||$500.00 a year|
For additional information, call 1-248-595-8526 or email the chapter at MIChapter@scleroderma.org.