Who We Are
The Scleroderma Foundation is a federally qualified 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to serving the needs of the scleroderma community. Our primary goal is to raise funds and awareness for our three-fold mission of support, education and research. All donations are qualified charitable donations to the fullest extent of the law. Our federal tax identification number is 52-1375827. All donations are gratefully accepted.
What is Scleroderma?
Scleroderma, or systemic sclerosis, is a chronic connective tissue disease generally classified as one of the autoimmune rheumatic diseases. The word “scleroderma” comes from two Greek words: “sclero” meaning hard, and “derma” meaning skin. Hardening of the skin is one of the most visible manifestations of the disease.
Can’t download It? Have us mail you a copy!
- Doctor of the Year: Lesley Ann Saketkoo, M.D., M.P.H.
- Research & Treatment Centers: Northwestern Scleroderma Program, Northwestern Medicine, Chicago, Ill.
- Kids Get Scleroderma Too, October 26 & 27; Aurora, Colorado
- WEBINAR: One on One with Dr. Maureen Mayes, “Addressing the Scleroderma Myths.” August 15, 2018; 7 - 9 p.m. ET
- "Chronic Pain Management," on Inspire.com
- Stepping Out Walks in August and September: Illinois (9/8 & 22), Indiana (8/25), Massachusetts (9/9, 16, 30), Missouri (9/8), Ohio (8/25), Washington (9/15), and Wisconsin (8/19)
- Now Accepting Scleroderma Research Grant Applications, DEADLINE: September 17, 2018.